To have a successful lawsuit there must be evidence that the child's injury was preventable. Were there things that the doctor, nurses, or hospital staff did or DIDN’T do which could have avoided the consequences?
Some common examples of birthing mishaps are:
- Failure to perform a timely C-section
- Improper use of forceps or other tools
- Excessive use of vacuum extraction
- Failure to detect and treat maternal infections
- Failure to notice the umbilical cord wrapped around a baby's neck
- Failure to recognize and adequately treat seizures following delivery
- Failure to treat jaundice in the newborn
However, there are many other possibilities as well.
There is nothing to lose by contacting a lawyer who can review your case to find out what actually happened and what can be done about it. Your lawyer will do the work of finding out what really went wrong.
If anything like these examples possibly happened during your childbirth experience - contact a lawyer who can review your case to find out what actually happened and what can be done about it.